Saturday, March 11, 2006

Wanna Sweat With Me?!

This is the skinny (no pun intended):

I'm a cute, playful, intelligent, sensual, honest, optimistic, successful, single chick ... with a FAT ASS!

I'm 5'9 and weigh about 200 (well-proportioned) pounds. That means, instead of a boyfriend or lover, what I REALLY need is a great workout buddy, right?! (Then again ... if I'm lucky ... I might get a package deal!)

I have my own toys (see below for one example), have a hot tub that can soothe our overworked, sore muscles, and would love to make a new friend who's willing to MOTIVATE ME in to ACTION! Your job (should you choose to take it) is to get me moving in the right fitness direction! In return, you get to use my weight set, have a few laughs, and start your day out with a pretty cool chick!

If you live nearby and would like to save a few bucks on your gym membership, hows about swinging on over to my house on the way to work to sweat with me?! I prefer to work out / walk / bike in the EARLY morning (before 6 AM).

What say you? Wanna' sweat with me?!

-----

Ten simple fitness facts (as they apply to me):

1) I was a long-distance runner until 1991.
2) I trashed my knees running on concrete.
3) I started working way too hard (and WAY too late)!
4) I got complacent (I'm a runner! I'll ALWAYS be skinny!).
5) I got older and my metabolism crash-landed.
6) I've gained approximately 6 pounds per year for 11 years.
7) Simple math yields a sum of 66 pounds gained!
8) My ideal weight is 130.
9) I've got a long way to go.
10) I have GREAT potential to be built like a BRICK SHITHOUSE! =O)

-----

Hurry! Before it's too late! Help create a masterpiece!

9 Comments:

At Saturday, March 11, 2006 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Stoopidgirl said...

ahhh Charlotte...I miss NC but I'm in AZ and going through the same struggle...er...sort of...I'm lazy and need to tone up so I've been going to the gym. Out here there's lots of rich housewives who have nothing better to do with there time then spend the hubby's money getting plastic surgery or working out at the gym looking for a little younger "something on the side". Needless to say I do not fit in, but for now I'm trying to stick with it. Lucky for me I'm an accomplished observer of the circus...keeps me happy on the eliptical machines.
Good luck

 
At Saturday, March 11, 2006 2:00:00 PM, Blogger jusdunno said...

sounds good to me are you any wheres near jerusalem?

 
At Saturday, March 11, 2006 2:15:00 PM, Blogger Fenian Fox said...

Your blog makes me laugh. I heard a comedian say that in life you are either single and lonely or married and miserable. Your one and I'm the other. Actually I was lucky enough to be young and stupid and have three kids by 33. Good luck.

 
At Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:39:00 PM, Blogger Siddharth Razdan said...

Cool!

 
At Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:11:00 PM, Blogger Psyche Zenobia said...

funny stuff

 
At Sunday, March 12, 2006 5:51:00 AM, Blogger Mark said...

I can relate - I used to run marathons at 16-17 years old. Now for my (ongoing) horror story, to share with you.

When I was 17, running in a qualifying race to become a national runner (again... I'd been running for my country since I was 14, best finish: 35th), I was running in the final qualifying spot, with about 2 KM to go (of a 8KM race). Felt a twinge on the dirt path, about 100 metres later, a pop in my knee, about 100 metres after, a disturbing, pain-ripping feeling.

Course, I wasn't going to let a serious injury stop me, so I continued hobbling my way through the race. I lost 6 places and finished 11th before collapsing moments after crossing the finish line.

Turns out, I'd torn all but one (the major one) of my tendons in my knee. Most likely, aggrevated it by finishing on it. Had some fun surgery, 6 months of recovery, tried to make a comeback at 17, in the same race, same course.

Running about 11th or 12th, with about 1KM to go.. tore my repaired knee... again. Finished the race... again. Surgery.. again.. 6 months recovery.. again.

18. Tried once again to make a comeback, same race, different course. Felt a twinge and pain for about 4KM of the race, finished around 25th. Strained my knee. Retired at 18.

And that's my horror story.

It's now three years later, and after two surgeries and 3 years of injuries, I've been trying to get myself back in shape.


I've discovered that it's unbelievably hard to get working out on my own, even with the excercise machine there.

If only I lived near, as opposed to in Canada. I'd join you.

As you probably well know, working out alone just seems so hard. So good luck, I'll be pulling for you to get back to the condition you want.

 
At Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:34:00 PM, Blogger Lora_3 said...

5'9 Right! Don't try for the 130 thing. You'll have that throwing up because I think it's cool look. Not good. Go for the 140-145lb I will wip your ass look. Much better.

Be safe

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 6:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I don't live in yr area but you could buy a treadmill to prevent injuries from the concrete. My hat goes off to you.

 
At Friday, March 17, 2006 1:27:00 AM, Blogger Shelley Cook said...

I wish I lived near you...

I want friends with cool workout equipment...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home