Tuesday, February 21, 2006

-SBC +Comcast (for some US residents)

If I had a "do over" I would have NEVER signed with SBC DSL. Probs from DAY ONE. They sent a defective modem and I spent a month trying to convince tech support in INDIA that I had not improperly installed the DSL softwear. I have a home business and lost THOUSANDS of $$$. They finally sent out tech support who confirmed that their hardware was defective. They gave me a $20 credit. Oh boy! Years later...when I go to renew my contract...they refuse to be flexible with time frames. My parents are ill and I suspected that I would be moving across country soon. In order to not pay the exhorbitant monthly fee I had already been paying for 2 years - I had to sign a year contract. And, this was after I had waited for an hour to speak with the rude customer service rep. My father is now in the hospital, I am moving to the East Coast and have to pay SBC $99 to get out of my contract. With all the competition for High Speed Internet Providers ---DON'T CHOOSE SBC!

Might as well take the neighbor's wireless internet instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home