Friday, February 24, 2006

For Sale: Several Years of my Life

I've been very pensive over the past few weeks, and, after a bit of reflection, I've realized that several of my 33 years of my life have not been the greatest. Not to me at least, though I'm sure other people might enjoy them. However, I do not care to hang on to them, so I would like to announce this amazing, one-time offer!

You have the opportunity to buy a year of my life! All years are in good condition, though previously used. Ownership of such years could be a good thing for those who are looking to get back to their childhood or want to remember how much youth can suck. You could even get one for someone as a gift!

The following years are for sale:

Year 5: This is the year that I started school and began to lose hope for signs of any intelligence in my generation. It didn't help that this was the year that my brother got a water cannon and spent the entire summer testing it on me. Ailments this year included one broken left arm.

Year 9: I didn't really have many friends this year, because we moved three times. People who enjoy solitude should consider this year. This was partially a happy year, because we left Arizona and moved to Oregon. No major physical ailments this year.

Year 13: Ah, the descent into typical teen angst. This would be a great year for someone who enjoys the overly dramatic, featuring many shouting matches, slamming doors, and even throwing occasional books and vases across the room. Exciting. Physical ailments this year included a broken right arm and a bruised sense of independence.

Year 15: The year I spent in boarding school. Not a pleasant situation at all, but if you've always wondered what a lock-down institution was like, this just might be the year for you! This year takes place in Provo, Utah, though you have no access to the nearby skiing.

Year 17: Senior year at a Catholic high school. This affirmed my original speculations during kindergarten concerning a lack of intelligence in my generation. This year was spent being generally disliked for standing up for myself and my principles, but then trying to convince myself that I didn't need any friends anyways. Great year for someone who thinks that they wasted their 'wonderful' high school years.

There you have it. Unlisted years are possibly for sale upon inquiry, but the above listed are the ones that I'm truly interested in getting rid of. My asking price per year is 73 mangos, though I may be willing to sell to the best offer, or work out a barter of some sort. For further information concerning sales, or the conditions/experiences of each year, simply contact me.

27 Comments:

At Friday, February 24, 2006 11:00:00 PM, Blogger Vengelyne said...

Credit cards not accepted? By the time the shipment of mangos arrive, they'd be rotten...

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006 11:54:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

All mangos are reserved for my mom. I'd gladly trade you my three years of High school when I had bilateral Osgood Schlatter's disease of the knee's for any one of your bad years. Life is tough, life isn't fair, but no one told me that when I was born.

 
At Saturday, February 25, 2006 4:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Saturday, February 25, 2006 5:31:00 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

I enjoyed this post. I spend a lot of time remembering my years and although they weren't perfect, I choose to remember the good more than the bad.

 
At Saturday, February 25, 2006 6:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Saturday, February 25, 2006 7:49:00 AM, Blogger Caminante said...

Very funny and original!

 
At Saturday, February 25, 2006 7:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to reconsider discarding your old tales. It reminds me of a Seinfeild episode where Kramer sells his old stories, and then is left with no interesting stories to tell anyone!

 
At Saturday, February 25, 2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Helene said...

I would trade my last year for all of those... but not really I dont think I would do that to someone I hate no less someone I dont know! lol

Things must have picked up in your last 20 years as I notice they are not for sale!

Nice blog!! ty

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 12:11:00 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Did you go to Provo Canyon Boy's school? I went to the Utah Boy's Ranch, which incase you hadn't heard, is the epitome of hell on earth. I won't buy your year 15, but I'll trade it to you for my year 14.

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 3:48:00 AM, Blogger Mariner said...

Interesting site mate... like your humour.... by the way.. nto sure u'd wanna be selling of your years so cheaply ;)

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 3:50:00 AM, Blogger Mariner said...

impressive site mate... like your humour... not sure u wanna be selling your years so cheaply mate ;)

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 8:27:00 AM, Blogger blonde hoyden said...

i'm not sure if you are willing to work on a trade basis, but i have a few years up for grabs as well. if you are particularly interested in a horrible freshman year at college including an 8 a.m. chemistry course and about 15 extra pounds, let me know!

http://www.hoydensboondoggle.blogspot.com

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 9:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:55:00 AM, Blogger Nik Hewitt said...

I have mango jam. Will you accept mango jam.

I spent year 13 in hospital so I'd consider it if you accept jam ;-)

L

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:05:00 PM, Blogger Xoff said...

very original and refreshing, keep up the good work.

unfortunately the mango season doesnt start till mid june, do you think you will be sold out by then?

 
At Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:43:00 PM, Blogger MsPsycho said...

Mine are also for sale...and hopefully soon...good writing.

http://mspsychosthoughts.blogspot.com/

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:22:00 AM, Blogger Michelle Says So 2.0 said...

Funny...sort of sounds like my childhood. Especially for the Catholic part! Great blog! :)

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 9:57:00 AM, Blogger coRRen C. said...

this is great idea! i wish i'd thought of it!!!

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Arnold said...

What an intriguing idea - either selling or trading years. Myself, I treasure the not-so-good years because they give me insight into and courage to face what might still be ahead. But wouldn't it be interesting if we had to pick two or three years of our life (or someone else's) to live over again?

Nice blog. Keep it up.

 
At Friday, March 03, 2006 6:53:00 PM, Blogger txnladie said...

Well, being a girl, and old one at that....I am not too sure what I would do with a young man's years. LOL I could trade one for a little bit....let you get a look at what I have been through....maybe my 16th year....the one where my parents made me give back the tiny little promise ring. Because of that....I ran away from home.....*sigh* oh to be able to go back and do it again, and stay home for one more year. But then again, I am who I am because of that.....so, on second thought....I guess we will jsut have to keep our own years.....but thanks for the offer. :)

 
At Saturday, March 04, 2006 4:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will buy your years in the currency of my choice if i see what i like and not what you show me

 
At Saturday, March 04, 2006 6:14:00 AM, Blogger Scoot said...

wow..this was thouroughly enjoyable

 
At Tuesday, March 07, 2006 6:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Special offer: get any year of my past 15 years for free, and get a future year with surprise content to go with it.

 
At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:30:00 AM, Blogger Ricardo Almeida said...

Great idea!
But... can you send it by e-mail, or it does have to be sent by UPS or Fedex?


Best regards,


Ricardo

 
At Thursday, March 09, 2006 11:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very intresting

 
At Friday, March 10, 2006 3:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I would definately love to pick up a few 20 somethings.. just pre-warn me- am I going to have any problems regarding musical taste (like you didnt like Wham or anything, did you?) or have any mysterious bumps in my nether region?? Any other problems of this nature you may forsee will be a deal breaker. And as far as payment.. do I get like a 30 day mango back guarantee?? I mean, c'mon.. thats a LOT of mangos for a year I may not want afterall.

 
At Friday, March 10, 2006 5:29:00 PM, Blogger Valatia said...

Your blog is so fun to read. I look forward to more of your wonderful witt and humor. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home